WHAT IS A VIRTUAL CRAFT MARKETPLACE?
A virtual market is bringing together community and all of the elements of IRL, but from the comfort of home. We are trying something a little bit different, using a virtual events platform to give different elements all on one convenient URL.
- Explore and shop the virtual booths (booth will link to brand website).
- Craft DIY workshops.
- Cocktail + cooking classes.
- Panel discussions (with makers, restaurant industry, brand partners and more).
- LIVE music + DJ sessions.
- Kids activities.
Thursday, September 17th: BIPOC brand night (25-40 brands)
Friday, September 18th: Sustainable Canadian brand night (25-40 brands)
Saturday, September 19th 9am EST to Sunday, September 20th 5pm EST: FULL MARKETPLACE! (100-125 brands)
HOW TO APPLY:
Our experiential markets are a curated offering of quality brands + cultural experiences. We curate small businesses that offer high quality goods + consistent/unique branding.
Applications start on Monday, July 6th and close on August 21st (at end of day). Link to apply:
Vendor list will be finalized by August 23rd (and if needed, a waitlist).
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING:
We may not be able to gather IRL right now, but that doesn't mean we can't create experiential markets virtually.
- Keep 100% of your sales (no need to wait for payouts).
- Your own exclusive brand booth.
- Customers are directed straight to your website (tell your brand story).
- Increase email list signups.
- Social media exposure.
- As many items/listings as you want.
- Increase your brand awareness.
- A curated offering of workshops, LIVE music experiences, and panels.
- Listed on our website.
YOUR BOOTH EXPERIENCE
The marketplace will run from Thursday, August 20th to Sunday, August 23rd on the platform HOPIN- a LIVE events platform. The virtual booths will be in the EXPO area, where each vendor will get their own "booth". The booths have:
- A cover photo.
- Bold brand name.
- An area for a written description.
- A 2 minute video (ideas to follow).
- Link directly to your website (on a separate tab).
The video is a dynamic way to invite the customers into your brand. Videos need to be sent to us in MP4 format to be uploaded to our private youtube channel to be linked to your booth.
- A simple photo slide showcasing products, specials, brand story (easy to do in iMovie).
- A video showcasing your workshop/studio and products.
- A video of you, talking about your brand, goods, story (showing your newest/best/staple products).
You have as much creative control as you want to have. We will be posting/sending examples of video ideas. We also have opportunity for you to have assistance creating your video (for a small cost).
DOES IT COST TO PARTICIPATE AT THE VIRTUAL MARKET
Like an IRL market, there is a booth cost. You are purchasing your spot in the expo. And like an IRL market, there are different types of booths.
- LARGE BOOTH: They span the full length of the screen, and are at the top of the marketplace. These will get first exposure to the customers. Large booths on Thursday + Friday will also get a medium booth during the weekend marketplace (3 day exposure). Large booths also get an exclusive IG story with a swipe up to your website leading into the market. ($150-165 + TAX)
- MEDIUM BOOTHS: Are three to a row and listed after the large booths ($85-$100 + TAX)
We highly encourage you to work shipping costs into your pricing and/or offer FREE shipping over a certain purchase amount. A barrier to purchase could be high shipping costs. We also encourage potentially doing (Local to you) flat rate delivery or LOCAL pickup.
We also highly encourage exclusive market products, deals, product launches and other enticing reasons to convert potential customers into shoppers and mailing list sign-ups.
WHO CAN SELL AT THE VIRTUAL MARKET?
Our markets are a curated selection across all maker categories. We believe in not over-saturating a category (no one needs over 50% of the brands to be jewelry, ammiright?). Goods must be made/designed by you and/or artist collaborations and are proprietary to your brand. Goods cannot be wholesaled and resold by you, or mass-produced goods.
CATEGORIES TO APPLY...
- Beauty + bath wellness brands
- Jewelry + accessories
- Kids goods
- Home goods
- Art, cards + prints
- Packaged food + drink
Have any questions, email: email@example.com