UPCOMING 2021 MARKETS
Are you ready for this?
We are so epically excited to be brining you our FW21 market schedule, giving makers so many incredible opportunities to sell and connect their goods to the people that love to shop local.
"We're committed to helping re-define what the post-pandemic normal looks like & shifting to continue creating inspiring marketplaces and connections to local creative culture."
We have a dynamic IRL + virtual schedule lined up for FW21 that will allow our shoppers to engage with local in whichever way they feel comfortable. Scroll down for the schedule of events, our covid19 protocols +
THE CRAFT TOUR
Lets bring that fun local energy back to the city! Our vision for this is to bring the best emerging + established makers back to an urban brewery near you for a day of shopping, food/drink + music. We're going to take advantage of that open-air vibe while we can!
- Saturday, September 18th at @dominioncity (East end)
- Saturday, September 25th at @kichesippibeer (West end)
- Saturday, October 2nd (location TBD)
- Saturday, October 16th (location TBD)
- Saturday, October 30th (location TBD)
APPLY to the craft tour HERE (application dates are rolling- the lineups will be finalized two weeks prior to the event).
VIRTUAL CERAMICS MARKET
Whoa nelly! One of the most popular categories at our virtual markets has consistently been the ceramics + pottery. This virtual market will be hosted on our website, and run from November 4th to November 6th. This will be available for local pickup, courier delivery or cross-Canada shipping.
Only the goods sold in the market will need to be dropped off post market. There is a $35 participation fee (which goes towards professional photography + advertising).
To participate, please email email@example.com
HOLIYAY CRAFT MARKET (IRL)
Yup, you read that right. We have been working hardcore behind the scenes to plan out a dynamic, safe IRL shopping experience. We whole-heartedly believe that our makers + shopping experiences deserve the same retail opportunities that big brands have gotten over the last 18 months. And know that we can do this in a way that is safe for all stakeholders.
This is why we are taking over 30,000 square feet at the EY centre on Friday, November 26th & Saturday, November 27th. This allows for large 15-20 foot aisles, ample space for vendor stalls, space for contactless creative experiences. And can I just say... 1800 parking spots.
- Shop large aisles with directional signage.
- Pre-book a shopping time (will keep the capacity safe, and allow for contact tracing should the need arise).
- Wide aisles with directional signage.
- Sanitization stations.
- Contactless payments at vendor stalls (tap).
- Ample parking (ease of access) and transit accessible.
- Offering low-sensory shopping hours (low music, lighting).
- Contactless creative experiences.
- Contactless santa photos.
- Contactless photo booth.
- Food + drink TBD (based on provincial + city regulations).
- SWAG + giveaways.
Applications open Tuesday, August 24th (and close Sunday, August 19th). Scroll down to learn about our virtual information sessions.
We firmly believe that we need to learn how to live and open for business in the covid19 era. It is not feasible for small-businesses to be closed for another critical holiday season while large businesses are able to continue business as usual. We are 100% confident in our abilities to run safe shopping experiences.
We will work with all relevant city and provincial public health initiatives, as well as public health inspections should that be necessary. We will be organized for contact tracing, masks will be mandatory, sanitization stations, pre-event screening for vendors + artists, directional shopping, and staggered shopping times (pre-booked).
Amanda, our founder has been running events for 7 years. Prior to that she was a retail manager who lead large scale teams in busy shopping environments, and has over a decade of health & safety management experience.
Amanda has also completed the John Hopkins covid19 contact-tracing certificate, and will be making the retail event covid19 guidelines available to the public for full transparency and accountability.
NEW TO MARKETS, OR CURIOUS ABOUT OUR RETURN TO IRL EXPERIENCES?
We want to make it easy for you to get the information you need to participate in our markets (we have to use our new digital skills for something)!
Join us on the last Tuesday of the month for a virtual session to ask about how to join our markets, what we look for in maker brands, and how to get back to IRL (we may even have a guest speaker or two).
Who is this for? Emerging and established brands alike. Whether you are brand new to markets, or looking for the confidence to get back to it- this is open to all. Want to learn and ask questions about our covid19 position?
Link to register below- the first session is Tuesday, August 31st at 7pm EST.
Are you a creative maker or designer who:
- Makes/designs locally made goods.
- You're building a brand. Even if its a side hustle, you are building something that connects to your customers and tells your story.
- You love getting out from behind the table to sell + interact with potential customers. (Want to sit behind your table and chill... then our markets aren't for you).
- Loves talking about your brand and connecting with people.
- Enjoys being a part of a dynamic + inclusive community?
Then our markets are for you.