We're looking to fill a pretty cool, dynamic, multi-functioning role in our space on Preston street. Our space is evolving and we want to fill the role of shop manager. This job is 20-25 hours a week, flexible work schedule.
This is a feel good job in a fun community, but we work hard and get a lot of sh*t done! We run multiple craft markets a year, a conference, workshops, and the space on Preston st. The space showcases over 100 Canadian and local brands and has become a local go-to for gift giving and exploring local creativity.
Things that are a must:
- Creative thinker.
- Must be a doer.
- Must communicate in a professional manner.
- Must love local and supporting independent business.
- Strong work-ethic.
- Organizational skills.
- Must love talking to people and be an effective problem solver.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule.
This multi-functioning role will touch on everything. Community building, sales, operations, customer service, events management, online management. Social media + writing skills are a bonus, although not necessary.
- Be a maker + market brand ambassador. Be a part of the "shop local" movement.
- Maintain the shop + workshop environment (safe, organized, clean space).
- Manage workshop database, communicate with facilitators + attendees (before + after). Maintain agreement forms + guidelines.
- Manage co-working space agreements + monthly payments.
- Communicate with shop brands and maintain relationships.
- Manage stock in shop.
- Maintain cleanliness in the space.
- Have fun with customers and make it a warm, welcoming environment.
- Sales outreach (possibilities are endless!).
- Maintain shopify store backend (don't worry, we can teach you).
- Be a part of the market + conference events planning experience.
If you feel like this might be a fit, then please submit your CV (linked in profile link) to email@example.com with email subject line (APPLICATION FOR COOL JOB) and tell us why you think you would be a great fit!
*** We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are more interested in if you bring that extra something special to our team (and ultimately for our community). Women: did you know that y'all only apply to jobs if you think you meet 90%+ of the job posting requirements, and men apply if they meet 60%? All that to say... apply!
((We will be conducting rolling interviews until we fill the position)).