Join our team: Community Manager
We're looking to fill a pretty cool, dynamic, multi-functioning role in our Ottawa community. Our space on Preston st is evolving and we want to fill the role of community manager. This job is 25 hours a week with quick opportunity to go to full time.
This is a feel good job in a fun community, but we work hard and get a lot of sh*t done! We run multiple craft markets a year, a conference, workshops, and the space on Preston st, so must be able to move between different roles and be flexible.
Things that are a must:
- Creative thinker.
- Must be a doer.
- Must communicate in a professional manner.
- Must love local and supporting independent business.
- Strong work-ethic.
- Organizational skills.
- Must love talking to people and be an effective problem solver.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule.
This multi-functioning role will touch on everything. Community building, sales, operations, customer service, events management, online management. Social media + writing skills are a bonus, although not necessary.
- Be a maker + market brand ambassador. Be a part of the "shop local" movement.
- Maintain the shop + workshop environment (safe, organized, clean space).
- Manage workshop database, communicate with facilitators + attendees (before + after). Maintain agreement forms + guidelines.
- Manage co-working space agreements + monthly payments.
- Communicate with shop brands and maintain relationships.
- Sales outreach (possibilities are endless!).
- Execute and manage surveys to key stakeholders.
- Maintain shopify store backend (don't worry, we can teach you).
- Be a part of the market + conference events planning experience.
- Communicate + manage sponsorship opportunities.
If you feel like this might be a fit, then please submit your CV (linked in profile link) to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject line (APPLICATION FOR COOL JOB) and tell us why you think you would be a great fit!
*** We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are more interested in if you bring that extra something special to our team (and ultimately for our community). Women: did you know that y'all only apply to jobs if you think you meet 90%+ of the job posting requirements, and men apply if they meet 60%? All that to say... apply!
((We will be conducting rolling interviews until we fill the position)).