Our mission at Freewheeling Craft is to provide our visitors with a curated range of creative goods + brands. Over the past four years we’ve built a solid reputation in the Ottawa community as a platform for emerging business owners to connect with shoppers and develop brand presence in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
A large part of maintaining our reputation of high quality markets is the care we put into our curation process. Much of our pride in curation is in offering our cities established makers a platform to sell, but offering emerging brands opportunities to be exposed to new customers in meaningful ways- so if you're new, don't be afraid and apply!
HOW TO APPLY: Applying to our markets is easy. The link for markets that have open applications processes will always be on our website. As much as we appreciate that people want to reach out and ask how to apply, we simply don't have the manpower to reply to all of the messages and encourage you to work through the information available on our website. Insider tip... if you're on Instagram, subscribe to our posts and you'll NEVER miss an announcement! How to do this:
1. Go to our Instagram profile.
2. In the top right corner hit the ( …)
3. Go to manage notifications.
4. Subscribe to notifications when we make a post.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR WHILE CURATING OUR MARKETS
- Creative and original work that is designed by independent artists and/or handmade goods (made by you).
- Innovative and original work that fits in with the high curation of our market vision of working with modern makers.
- Presentation and professionalism of finished goods, including clear branding and good quality photography that communicates your story.
- Unique aesthetic with consistency across branding and your product offering.
- Ensuring that your brand and goods complies with any copyrighting issues with production.
- Original offering that stands out in a category that may be competitive.
- For our holiday markets, you have the capacity to supply potential high sales and have enough product to be actively selling for all 3 days.
- Is sensitive to the issues of cultural appropriation and doesn't directly or indirectly promote the goods of another culture as their own.
- If we've seen you in action, we're looking for someone engaging, not afraid to get out from behind the table to sell and connect.
- Commitment to sustainable production and responsible waste disposal.