"Our goal is to provide 25 makers with a FREE table when the barriers come down and markets can get back to business... and local brand Bee Savvy is stepping up to help us achieve that goal!"
(Keep reading to find out how they are helping and how you can help too!).
After covid19 rocked the Ottawa events industry in March shutting down markets, we watched as our maker community struggled to make sense of what was happening and the effect it was having on their small businesses.
Some of them had taken that next step of growth, making major investments that they now risked not seeing the return on. Some wrote to me saying that the money that they made at our last market was what would get them through as their maker biz is their sole income. And some shut down, knowing that they couldn't make enough to make ends meet (living + business expenses) so the CERB was a better option.
"It's in the hard times that you realize who your true community is. And at the top of that list are the incredible people behind Bee Savvy"
- Amanda, Freewheeling Craft.
We wanted to do something. Not knowing what + how, we brainstormed possible opportunities for what could be most effective. And what we came to realize is that we want to minimize the barriers to re-entry for those who will need it most. Our MAKER FUND will cover the table fees for our makers that have been hardest hit.
(Listen, we are at almost 3 tables for makers without even posting about it.... we know you want to help)!
WHAT IS THE MAKER FUND?
- Contribute starting at $10.
- Every $100 provides a maker with a table!
- All contributors will be put in a draw to win a $250 shopping spree at our first market back.
- All contributors will get complimentary entry to our first market back.
- All contributors over $50 will be recognized on a wall of appreciation at our first market back.
- Once our committee selects the makers that will be supported we will also do special features + exposure for their businesses.
BEE SAVVY MAKER FUND BOXES
Bee Savvy has collaborated with other makers in our community to create Maker Fund boxes!
Purchased off of their website, and available for local contactless delivery $10+ from each box will go straight to the maker fund.
The power couple behind Bee Savvy have also made their own $200 donation to the fund to help two members of their community get back on their feet when markets start back up.
LINK TO PURCHASE: BEE SAVVY BOXES
OR MAKE A STRAIGHT DONATION HERE